Respected CM group of a major international corporate bank is seeking a junior operations associate to assist within their team for a temporary cover.
You should have at least some experience (ideally 1 – 2 years) in an operational or administration role within corporate banking (for instance loan admin or booking, trade booking, credit administration) and be familiar with the front-to-back trading structure as well as common products (fixed income, bonds, swaps).
The associate will be responsible for the following duties (but not limited to picking up other tasks as necessary)
* Providing and managing data input.
* Ensure timeliness and accuracy of reports. This includes reporting on key management information.
* Establish new controls in line with new business requirements.
* Adapt to the bank’s internal credit assessment tools and document templates.
* Interface with marketing desk and credit sanctioning authority.
* Prepare/Review reports as required by management, the head office, auditors, and regulators.
* Monitor and verify new and existing trades for compliance with credit approvals and policies. This includes interfacing with Front Office / trading desk for verification of any information which is in question.
* Other pertinent credit database upkeep, credit control and analysis activities as assigned.
* Oversight of issuer risk for bond positions.
* Review of COREP reports as 2LoD.
Experience and qualifications required
Some experience in an operational or administration banking function, for example in a corporate bank, trading house or capital markets division is required. This could be as a trade support function, junior assistant in Credit, treasury associate. Graduates with highly relevant experience will be considered but must have work experience / internships / year in industry and be able to demonstrate good knowledge of the core operations of the CM desk, and/or a relevant degree with strong mathematical or financial ability (degree in Banking, Accountancy, Finance, Financial Mathematics, or a good degree in another subject coupled with relevant work experience as outlined above.
IT Skills: You must be highly literate in IT to include Microsoft Office Suite and have a native ability to navigate systems.
Detail orientated: The accuracy of the data kept will be extremely important for the businesses needs and core function. You must be meticulous in the entry, verification and review of all data, written and spoken.
Please not this is a temporary position for maternity cover, available immediately, so interested applicants please apply asap.