Group Reporting Manager / Consolidation Accountant
The role of the Group Reporting Manager is to manage the statutory financial reporting requirements of the Group including consolidations, management of the annual audit process and the provision of technical accounting analysis and guidance. The main duties within this role will include, Financial Reporting, Shareholder Reporting, Month-end, Taxation, Team Management and Process Improvement.
- Oversight of the year-end statutory financial reporting preparation, including disclosures for 30+ Group entities
- Preparation and review of Group consolidations at various levels for statutory reporting purposes
- Preparation of IFRS cashflow statement.
- Provision of guidance on the accounting for acquisitions, disposals and group restructuring
- Planning and communicating the year-end reporting cycle ensuring reporting and filing targets are set and met on a timely manner
- Management of the year-end audit process, including coordination with the audit team, managing deliverables and responding to queries
- Management of external advisor relationships in connection with financial reporting such as external valuers
- Ownership of all technical accounting analysis to ensure compliance with requirements, including preparation of technical accounting papers and provision of technical advice
- Responsibility for ensuring accurate accounting for investments in foreign subsidiaries
- Consolidation for monthly management accounts purposes
- Shareholder reporting
- Assist the management accounts team with review and analysis at month-end
- Ownership of reserve, financing, and IFRS 16 related accounts ensuring they are reconciled on a monthly basis
- Management of the group’s financial reporting requirements to investors on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Maintain good working relationships with key investor Finance personnel to ensure requirements are understood and timelines are adhered to
- Management of a qualified financial accountant, including oversight of their day-to-day activities and review of the work they produce
- Establish and document all financial reporting policies, procedures and controls
- Develop processes to enable consistent, timely Group reporting
- Identify and implement process improvements within the Group Reporting function
Given the nature of our clients business; you would need to match the following requirements in order to be considered for this role
- ACA/ACCA/ qualified accountant, with 5 years plus PQE experience.
- Sufficient experience preparing consolidations at least at a similar level of complexity to a medium to large scale firm.
- Technical accounting experience, particularly in relation to reviewing and implementing changes to accounting standards (e.g. IFRS 9, 15 & 16);
- Experience in coordinating and managing a year-end audit process as the main contact with the external auditor; and
- Experience of managing direct reports (current direct report is 3 years PQE, so would like candidate to have at least 5 years PQE)
- Ideally you’d have practical experience within group consolidations, including multi- currency considerations, a strong understanding of accounting for acquisitions, disposals and joint ventures.
- You would need experience in managing the requirements of a year-end audit process and would need to be able to identify and implement process improvements within the Group Reporting function.
- If you match the above requirements, Please apply online.
|Job Category||Property and Housing|