The main purpose of the role is as follows:
- Work within existing department’s quality control programme and with analysts within trade finance.
- Ensure consistency of application of the department’s screening standards against existing financial crime controls and against regulatory benchmarks.
- Work closely with the analysts, QC Team Manager and Head of Department to ensure that systems and processes are in line with expectations, and address risks using a risk-based approach
- Daily completion of Quality Control checks across all trade finance transactions, ensuring all relevant checks are complete
- To flag any financial crime trends/concerns or control weaknesses identified to the relevant stakeholders including the proposal of improvements and the implantation of effective control improvements.
- Evaluate processes identifying gaps and suggesting enhancements where appropriate.
- Provide punctual and accurate feedback for management to prevent repeat errors.
- Take ownership for resolving issues and report on action being undertaken
Knowledge, Skills, Experience required
Industry qualifications relevant to Compliance desirable.
- Previous experience of performing Quality Control function in a financial crime/compliance environment.
- Previous exposure to reviewing transactions concerning financial crime risks
- Knowledge of UK financial crime regulatory framework
- Knowledge of and experience working with Trade finance operations, product processes and risk frameworks including Trade finance “red flag” indicators, Regulatory guidance (JMLSG, FCA, Wolfsberg principles etc)
- The ability to work on own initiative, be pro-active and take full responsibility to ensure role requirements are met.
- Strong communication skills with various levels of management/stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Focused on results and delivery
- Ability to prioritise work to tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills working knowledge of IT systems (MS Office, screening tools) and other associated systems/tools in banking
- Ability to present issues and results to senior management in a clearly articulated manner
- Proven team-player
|Job Category||Financial Services|