- Always striving to exceed internal/external customer expectations.
- Actively working with the team and team leader to identify opportunities to improve service
- Undertake tasks efficiently and accurately with attention to detail
- Ensures that customer requirements are fulfilled – order processing, Manuals kept updated, and orders are converted to shipments in line with customer needs
- Builds relationships with external and internal customers by understanding customer needs and gaining their respect and trust.
- Represents the brands by offering a positive, motivated and can do approach
- Working across functions building partnerships that focus on service, problem solving and effective communication.
Sales Order Processing
- Ensure that all new orders from customers are processed onto SAP accurately and within 24 hours of receipt.
- Ensure that all forward orders for key customers are acknowledged within 48 hours of receipt and that delivery dates are confirmed in line with guidelines.
- Update orders as necessary and maintain an accurate order book at all times.
- Advise customers of any revisions to requested delivery dates/quantities as soon as the information is available.
- Accept new orders from customers by telephone, email and fax and actively sell additional quantities where possible.
- Monitor status of order progress to the point of dispatch from the warehouse to help avoid any delay to the delivery process and customer dissatisfaction.
- Resolve customer enquiries quickly and ensure that they are answered in full and accurately.
- Ensure that all orders are processed in line with policies – i.e. minimum orders, YAC guidelines etc.
- Monitor orders and advise Team Leader of any known problems or delays.
- Answer incoming customer calls as required – ensuring that these calls are dealt with to an exceptionally high standard.
- Participate in call monitoring and coaching to continuously look for improvements in managing customer calls.
- Ensure that credits and returns are dealt with efficiently in line within agreed SLA’s
- Liaise with third party Warehouse and Logistics concerning any shortages, processing, bookings or returns
- Liaise with Finance/Credit Control department concerning returns, credits and invoicing issues.
- Keep warehouse fully up to date with processing requirements of specified accounts.
- Keep in regular contact with accounts, maintaining and developing good working relationships
- Communicate relevant account activity to Team Leader as appropriate.
- Take accountability for managing and shipping order book, promoting a proactive approach to help maximize sales
- Provide regular delivery schedules to key customers keeping them informed of the latest delivery dates of their orders
- Courtesy calling customers to gain feedback on brand performance and the service being provided to them, using this constructively and effectively.
- Provide regular updates and communications to your sales teams ensuring they are fully aware of any account issues, order delays etc.
- Provide relevant reporting to both internal and external customers and ensure you develop a good understanding /knowledge of the reporting tools available.