Global Law Firm
£50,000 – £55,000
LMA are partnered with a prestigious global law firm who are searching for a first class Business Assistant to support the COO and her direct reports. The role holder will be required to provide Business Management support to the COO aligned service areas, with particular responsibility for supporting the IT function, as well as maintaining financial management oversight across all areas of the COO’s service directorate.
This is an extremely busy and varied role and requires an analytical, data driven mindset. Someone with a background supporting in finance, compliance, IT, or data would be the right type of profile for this role. Strong communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to multi task and work under pressure.
Key areas of responsibility:
Business Management responsibilities in relation to supporting the IT function will involve working closely with the IT Director in areas of strategic and operational management, intercepting and prioritising strategic and operational activities, which will include some or all of the following:
- Drive day to day business related action plans, initiatives and troubleshooting, ensuring actions are allocated to the relevant people and are acted upon
- Assistance with preparation for and follow up to Executive meetings
- Assistance with key stakeholder management, attending meetings with the IT Director and/or IT Leadership Team, ensuring and coordinating appropriate follow up
- Own particular projects or department initiatives, following through on plans to ensure completion
- Liaison with other Directors and their respective business services teams to draw on skills and resource as required to deliver initiatives
- Interaction with some key suppliers of IT products and services
- In conjunction with the Head of IT Finance, follow up on initiatives and actions to ensure strong financial discipline within the IT department
- Assisting with the management of important service escalations; liaising with partners and agreeing action plans as required in order to remediate situations
- Assist with / help coordinate and where necessary lead and deliver various initiatives / priorities / projects / events
- Support cross functional working / synergies
- Meeting management: agenda setting and preparation / recording actions / follow up
- Communications and reporting
- Preparation of presentations for various key stakeholders (Executive, Board, Group Heads, Country Managing Partners, Practice Groups), including business cases and proposals
- Support strategic / action planning and implementation across all areas of IT
The Operations aspect of the role (supporting the COO) will involve a similar collection of activities and responsibilities as described above, but with a subject matter focus on financial management within the COO service directorate.
The role is expected to be approximately 50/50 focused on IT and COO Operations, with flexibility expected in accordance with varying demand.
The position is initially covering for a secondment for an 18 month period, with the opportunity for this to be reviewed.
|Job Category||Admin and Secretarial|