A growing, global technology company requires an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst and Developer to support the maintenance of the Market Strategy team’s Business Intelligence Platform and improve the team’s data management processes and reporting function by implementing a scalable data model. This includes managing data refreshes and developing new prototype functionality (from new data sources, scripting, dashboards).
This is a part time temporary role 3 days a week.
The Market Strategy Team has built a business Intelligence tool using Microsoft Power BI which enables them to share insight with the wider business, supporting decision making and driving action. They are seeking an analyst who can support the maintenance of the existing dashboards and can develop prototypes that enable the platform’s roadmap.
Maintenance and improvement of Platform (30%):
- Performing the necessary refreshes of the underlying data, ensuring the data is up to date and that the processes are well documented and current
- Monitoring data quality and helping fix errors and bugs within the platform
- Platform utilisation reporting
- Supporting the team with improving the impact of the dashboards and reports published
Building Power BI prototypes to enable the platform roadmap (70%)
- Helping simplify data handling processes; where practical, removing manual data processing steps
- Developing improvements to the existing data model to enable scalability and reusability of data sources
- Gathering the requirements across all functional and technical areas in the business and producing the final business requirements document for sign-off
- Providing estimate of effort required to develop each prototype and sharing the time allocation with business leaders
- Working closely with the IT department to move selected prototypes into production
Skills and Experience:
- Proven ability to model data and develop dashboards with Microsoft Power BI
- Good knowledge of
- SQL server (or equivalent – e.g. SQLLite)
- DAX language
- Data Models for Power BI
- Microsoft Office
- JSON and REST APIs
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to identify inconsistencies in both quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to work independently, while keeping the team informed on progress and potential obstacles
- Good time management skills, ability to prioritise projects and work with the team to ensure timely deliverables
- Problem solving skills
- Python and visualisation libraries (e.g. Matplotlib / ggplot / bokeh)
- Experience with graph and network theory APIs (e.g. NetworkX / Python-graph)
If you possess the relevant skills and experience and are looking to work 3 days a week, starting asap, please submit your CV today!