The main purpose of this role is to support the Head of Operational Support and the Department in covering the roles of Data Administration, System Security and Internal Controls. Additionally assist with the implementation of new Quality Assurance. Requires experience in Banking Operations Control role and good compliance awareness for UK market.
Support, supervise and co-ordinate the team to ensure that the following areas are covered:
- Input of Client Data, Account Data and all other static data including Holiday Data, Bonds, Currencies, Receivables data and SSI’s
- Input and maintenance of KYC data into screening tool
- Unblocking / reblocking of accounts
- Responding to external Audit Requests
- Produce SCV file upon request by the regulator to report eligible depositor account balances
- System Security: Set-up and update of user access rights in systems ensuring that controls are maintained.
- Perform various reconciliations including Suspense account, Securities positions, EMIR and Front to back office (FOBO)
- Provide oversight and monitoring of nostro reconciliations
- Produce periodic management reporting and KRIs
- Conduct Trade Surveillance on Treasury trading activity
- Perform Foreign Exchange P&L / position monitoring
- Oversee Treasury Confirmation matching
Additional control processes and reporting as required across the Operations teams.
- Prepare and run a Quality Assurance plan to include periodic QA checks on,
- Financial Crime monitoring of red flags
- Ageing nostro and suspense account exceptions
- Logical access management controls
- Scanned document quality
Assistant Head specific duties
- Assist the Department Head in recruitment, training, career development, appraisals and competencies of direct reports.
- Help support the cross-training of the team to ensure a seamless service at all times.
- Adhere to relevant policies and procedures in line with internal deadlines and SLA’s for the department.
- Management information and KRI’s
- Be available to support all business areas in the development of new processes, including Front Office, Compliance, Risk and Finance.
- Previous banking/ IT and system security experience
- Broad understanding of the bank and its products and the inter-relationship between individual departments.
- Good general knowledge of IT security requirements and concepts.
- Awareness of EMIR and MIFID.
Education / Certifications
Must be educated to A level or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in operational support preferably acquired within an international banking environment in a managerial position.
- Good general knowledge of the banking and IT system environment
- Sound working knowledge of the “segregation of duties” concept as part of the overall control environment within the workplace
- Experience leading a team (desirable) or as assistant manager.
- Hands on approach to the work
- Ability to prioritise and adapt
- Ability to work with minimal information to provide or offer solutions in a short space of time.
This is a fixed term contract for a period of one year with the possibility to go permanent.
Immediately sought so interested parties apply ASAP.