Audit Senior – Practice
Salary £45,000 -£50,000
My client a dynamic multi-disciplinary accountancy and business advisory practice based in central London is looking for an Audit Senior to join their growing firm.
They are ideally looking for someone already qualified, with 1-2 years’ post qualified experience, but would consider newly-qualified for this position.
The role is very audit-focussed so would not suit anyone looking for more of a 50:50 audit/accounts split. In terms of turnover their audits vary from small audits for companies which are part of a group, up to £50m, but typically the range is £5m to £25m. They work with various SMEs across a number of industry sectors. The role would be split as follows: 70% on Audit, 20% on Accounts and 10% on Advisory.
- Perform the role of a Senior on audit and accounting assignments.
- Supervise and train new and junior members of staff in accountancy and audit.
- Preparation and audit of statutory accounts to comply with UK GAAP and International auditing and accounting standards.
- Preparation of accounts for partnerships and sole traders.
- Preparation of management accounts.
- Responsible for the training and supervision of new and junior members of staff in all aspects of accountancy and audit, and the use of CCH accounting software. Review work done by junior members of staff.
- Respond to and deal with general client queries, passing on to appropriate person for resolution where necessary.
- Work with Partners and staff to provide a personal, professional service for the benefit of both clients and the Firm.
- The Audit Senior will be responsible for junior staff on audit site visits.
- The Audit Senior must complete Job Appraisal forms for each assignment that last more than 3 days
- The Audit Senior is expected to delegate routine work to the juniors either on site or in the office, and to review that work when it is completed.
If you feel you have suitable skills and experience matching the above requirements, please apply online.