A leading footwear brand requires an experienced Assistant Wholesale Merchandiser to support the Demand Planning / Merchandising team in managing inventory; PO planning; and the complete product life cycle for their brands. This is a temporary role for 3 months.
- Producing and distributing stock and inventory reports to support Sales Teams and Customer Services
- Producing inbound and inventory reports to support period end analysis
- Review of regional forecasts; regional backlog; and historical product size curves to decide best size curve to support forward and replenishment business
- Raising and maintaining Purchase Orders in SAP system
- Liaising daily with CPO office in China to achieve a smooth flow of production and ensure all production and ‘pending’ issues are resolved
- Negotiating and liaising with factory where lead-times are not met, and ensuring that POs and capacity are prioritised to service on time delivery and ensure business requirements are supported
- Identifying, resolving and communicating any production/shipping/sourcing issues
- Working with the sales teams and finance to decide if air freighting stock is a viable option by assessing the need and exploring alternatives
- When necessary, management of the air freight inbound stock from authorisation form to delivery
- Working with customer services and warehousing to track key accounts and expedite shipments.
- Supporting queries from the CS and Sales teams
- Maintenance and management of product set up in relevant systems
- Ordering, tracking and allocating New Season Samples to the sales teams across Europe
- Suggesting ways to improve inefficiencies and identifying procedures that could be revised
- Ad-hoc duties requested from line manager
Skills and Experience
- Previous Demand Planning/Wholesale Merchandising experience within fashion is essential – ideally footwear
- Excellent knowledge of Excel (V-look up and Pivot tables)
- SAP knowledge is preferred, but training will be given
- Ability to communicate and interact with management, customers, sales, customer service, factory personnel, warehousing personnel and product development.
- Good time management skills
- Enthusiastic and well organised
- Good analytical skills
If you possess the relevant skills and experience and are available immediately and for the next 4 months, please submit your CV today.