Assistant Management Accountant
An immediate ‘interim’ opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Management Accountant to join a fast moving business.
This successful property company, require an ‘extra pair of hands’ to join their Finance team whilst they go through a systems transformation project until the end of July 2021.
This Assistant Management Accountant will be responsible for managing the finances for a group of buildings within the Group’s portfolio as well as supporting the Finance Manager in the production of reporting for the board, shareholders and internal stakeholders.
The successful candidate will liaise with their building managers and other department heads, ensuring they are aware of all relevant building events and departmental activities, and completing the month end reporting accordingly. The candidate will also take responsibility for other financial duties within the team throughout the month and provide ad-hoc assistance to the Finance Manager.
Typical duties will involve:
Operating costs reporting
- As part of the Management Reporting team manage the revenue and operating costs of the Group’s UK portfolio and act as the finance contact for allocated revenue and cost categories
- Keep up to date on the day to day operations of the operating business units, providing updates when required to other members of finance and head office staff
- Maintain a working relationship with the building managers and department heads, and keep them up to date on central issues, and provide them with analysis when required
- Conduct meetings with the Building Managers and discuss budgets, review financial performance, and forecast future events
Month End Accounting
- Complete month end accurately within the required timetable, including full P&L and balance sheets for the buildings in your portfolio
- Understand and provide variance analysis and commentary against historical performance and budget
- Reconcile licence fee revenue to the occupancy report
- Post accrual and prepayment journals for each building
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet items including the fixed asset register
- Maintain and distribute management information packs to the Building Managers and Department Heads
Other financial duties
- Review the work of the AR/AP teams, ensuring correct posting of all purchase invoices relating to the portfolio of buildings, and monitor the debtors and creditors ledgers to ensure they are up to date
- Review existing processes and procedures and identify opportunities for improvements, and implement them
- Develop and create reports using Jet and Excel
- Ad hoc analysis and project work as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong financial background
- Broad understanding of accounts production, accounts receivable, accountant payable and banking transactions
- Interest in process improvement and implementation of change
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly Excel
- Knowledge of NAV, Jet reports and Salesforce (desirable)
- Educated to A-level or equivalent
- Part-Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent experience
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company with a great brand reputation which will not only advance your experience, but certainly look good on your CV too.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience for this role, please send us your CV today.
IMMEDIATE starters need only apply.